Text

~my thoughts about life~



Saturday, June 27, 2020

Randomness of Life

I was sitting on the front porch, working on homework, and I heard a really loud helicopter.  I looked up, because it sounded really close, and what I observed took up most of the sky ahead of me!  It was the Goodyear blimp!  It was circling some area hospitals to thank health care workers!  By the time I got my phone out and ready, I had to kind of chase it down the street to snap a photo.  I still only got half of its body, but you can see by this 13-story apartment building how low it was!

Before I started school two years ago, I had a short (well, longer than short) list of things I wanted to accomplish.  I accomplished most of the tasks, except for painting the living room.  I went as far as selecting paint, but it's been stored in my basement ever since.  Yesterday, I decided that this is the week.  Since it's been two years, I'm sort of regretting the color choice, but I'm still going with it.  This afternoon, I took everything off the walls and moved out all the furniture.  The two small couches and the piano are in the center of the room.  Big Sis washed down the walls for me and I filled all the holes.  Tomorrow morning, I will be all ready to go and can start painting early!

Hopefully my painting job wraps up in a couple days, because I'm having my very first patio get-together on Thursday evening!  At the end of fall, we put in a pretty large patio on the back of our house.  It's something we wanted to do for years, but couldn't afford.  Hubby decided on stamped concrete, and I must admit, it looks so much better than I ever thought it would.  We were also able to afford some low-end patio furniture.  Right in the midst of the quarantine, we added landscaping.  It couldn't have come at a better time!  I have spent so much time out there and have really enjoyed that space!  Since I didn't really get to say goodbye to my teacher friends, I decided to have them all over for a patio night.  We can sit around and chat outside while maintaining social distance.  I'm so excited to see real people again; I can't wait! 

I'm trying to work on my negativity.  It seems like every time I open my mouth, I notice complaining coming out.  I've been much more critical lately.  I don't know if it's my old age or the additional stress I'm carrying, but I'm actually getting sick and tired of myself.  I miss my former sweet and cheerful disposition.  I'm making a real attempt to be more positive, but it's so incredibly hard.  Ugh.

I'm in week 7 of 8 in my geography class, and it's gone swimmingly well!  I've only been docked one point thus far, and the course hasn't been all that bad.  Unfortunately, it causes me to immerse myself in current events, which I try to avoid, but it's almost over.  In another week, I begin my very last college class!

No comments: