Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, November 19, 2010

Easy Peanut Butter Pie

I haven't posted a recipe in a while so I thought I would share this one. I was watching a movie last night with my kids when I saw someone eating peanut butter. The taste of this pie suddenly came to memory, even though it had been five years since I've had it. After checking the pantry, I realized I had enough ingredients for one pie. So my craving was soon fed!


Peanut Butter Pie

16 oz. Cool Whip
1 C peanut butter
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 C powdered sugar
2 graham cracker crusts

Beat all ingredients together until fluffy. Pour into pie shells and refrigerate until set.

It doesn't get much simpler than that! I didn't have a store-bought pie crust so I made my own. This recipe is definitely enough for 2 pies, possibly with some to spare.

Graham Cracker Crust

14 full-sized graham crackers (2 1/2 C crushed)
1/2 C butter, melted
1/2 C sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Crush graham crackers well. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press into pan. Bake 10 minutes.

No comments: