Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turkey Month

Well, Pumpkin Month is officially over and we have now entered Turkey Day Month! I am very excited about this month...Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday, only behind Christmas.
In our family, we do the whole spread: roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, Mom's homemade noodles, my sweet potato casserole, Grandpa's home frozen corn, dinner rolls, salad, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and more. I would love to hear about your family traditions!

Another Thanksgiving tradition we share is the Stuffing War. My mother and I make the best stuffing in the world. I'm not bragging; it's just a fact. We begged the recipe from an older woman in our church who is the best cook we know. So I guess I should say that HER stuffing is the best in the world. However, my Southern aunt thinks her cornbread stuffing is the best. I don't care for the taste of cornbread. So we both make our own stuffing; half of the family eats ours and half eats hers. We each roll our eyes at the people who don't prefer our recipe.

This is my 99th post on She Says! To make number one hundred noteworthy and special, I will post some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes, including the very best stuffing!

No comments: