Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WWTK - The Olympics

Crazymama is asking the questions this week!!
It's the Olympics in London!  Let's talk about it.

(1) What was your favorite part of the Opening Ceremonies?

Sadly, I didn't get to see even a minute of the Opening Ceremonies.  I was on a hot school bus, taking my youth group to an event where they performed dramatic sign language.  I was tired, hungry, and possibly a little grouchy that I forgot to DVR it.  But I saw the updates of Facebook friends while we were travelling.  (That didn't help the situation, by the way.)

(2) Which country are you rooting for? (I realize we aren't all Americans.)
 
It's all red, white, and blue here in the Midwest US.
 
(3) Which is your favorite event to watch and why?

I really enjoy gymnastics.  Floor exercise is probably my favorite because it demonstrates the fantastic ability all those tiny, little girls posses.  I even enjoyed the men's gymnastics this year.  Wow, are those guys strong!  I could live without the little leg kick they give at the end of a tumble though.
(4) Have you found a new sport that is surprisingly delightful?

Actually, yes!  I don't recall ever watching water polo before, but it's been on several times this year when I've turned on the TV.  It amazes me that those people can be in the pool that long without ever touching the bottom!  I would drown in the first two minutes. 

(5) Have you always been a fan of the Olympics?  What is your earliest Olympic Memory?

Yes and no.  I've always appreciated it, but haven't always watched it.  I'm going to show my age here when I say that I totally remember the '84 Olympics.  Gymnastics was big that year and I remember doing a bit of tumbling around my living room with couch cushions askew. 
 
 
If you'd like to link up with your answers, visit Mamarazzi or Crazymama!

3 comments:

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

wouldn't that be awesome if all of us as adults tumbled around in our living rooms?? :)

I had no idea they didn't touch the ground on the water polo! that is news to me! I would drown too!

Mamarazzi said...

water polo good times. i think i dated more water polo players in HS than any other type of"jock". i just really had a thing for them!!

thanks for linking up!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

we must be the same age. or close. The 84 olympics are my first memory of it too. Mary Lou Retton. LEGENDARY.

watching pummel horse is what i can't believe, A. they are super strong and B. how do they not rack themselves? i may be a child for thinking that.

thanks for linking up.

there was even a sign language choir in the opening ceremonies. maybe you can catch it on NBC, i bet they have a clip.