Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, March 1, 2012

What's Up

I got a lot of nice comments on yesterday's post!  They all made me smile!  :)  I'm still behind with my blog reading.  It makes me sad to think there's so many posts out there I want to read and don't have the time for right now.  Hopefully later...

I registered for my third marathon team relay yesterday!  I'm running 5.5 miles this year, about 3/4 of a mile shorter than last year.  The weather here has been so warm lately that I'm really anxious to get out an run!  I wonder how far I can make it right now without keeling over?

Someone I know made a phony Facebook profile for a mentally challenged man we all know.  It was horribly offensive.  The person purposely misspelled words, trying to make it look authentic.  He made comments that we would "get" but that were actually making fun of this poor man.  He connected to about 70 people, all who were too busy or naive to understand that it was a hoax.  The dead giveaway was that all of the likes and movies on the profile involved one key word that mocks the man's appearance.  I'm not quite sure who started the profile, even though I have suspicions.  Apparently, it's someone who lacks a soul.

After seeing this photo, I realized
what I experienced was nothing in
comparison!!!
On the way to church last night, which is only a five minute drive, it began hailing severely.  Visibility became very poor as vehicles pulled off to the side of the road.  I was ten minutes late for a meeting I was supposed to conduct so I was quite frantic.  The hail was so loud and pounding that I thought my windshield would surely break.  I dropped the kids off under the carport and parked my car.  Even with an umbrella, I was completely soaked by the time I made it into the church.  I had never before experienced weather like that!  Hubby was disappointed my windshield did not shatter because we need a new one anyway.  Thanks, babe. 

Did you hear about the school shooting the other day?  It's got my kids kind of worried, as they watched news coverage at school.  I tell them that we can't live in fear.  We've got to trust that God will protect them as they enter the school each day and that's why we pray every day before school.  I admit that I would be terrified to send my kids into a school each day without first praying over them.  I've even called home from vacation before to pray with them before they leave.  Sadly, school shootings will likely become more common.  We live in a wicked age.

My son is texting girls.  That's all I have to say about that.

I'm thinking about tomatoes again.  I can't remember when I planted my seeds last year but it seems like it was in March.  I'm glad I have the luxury of going back through my blog and reading about when I planted before.  I'm definitely doing that again this year!  I might expand the size of my garden and plant some other things this year.  The sad thing is that my family doesn't really like vegetables.  So I'm kind of at a loss for what to plant. Isn't that horrible?

Son #1 did not receive gifted identification in instrumental music.  He was pretty bummed about that.  Hubby said maybe it's a good thing to keep him grounded.  I feel bad for the poor guy.  He really worked hard.  He's almost as tall as me now and that's kind of freaking me out.  I borrow his shoes to run down to the mailbox.  What happened to my bald-headed baby boy?

I think a good goal to have, as far as house cleaning goes, is to try to keep the majority of the house picked up.  Each day, concentrate on one room and give it a good cleaning.  Focusing on one room at a time should make your home easier to keep up and won't overwhelm you.  Doesn't that sound great on paper?  Is there any chance that will work in the real world?  I spent over an hour in my bathroom this week, cleaning every nook and cranny.  I cleaned areas that hadn't been cleaned in far too long.  Now, if I can just keep at it, maybe it will stay that way.  Hold on a second, I just fell off my chair laughing.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I totally focus on different cleaning chores on different days. But more like Wednesday wash and Thursday floors. You have to divide it up to win. Also I meant to compliment your picture on the last post too but time got away from me.

Kimberly said...

So much to comment on! Okay, first, as a mom of a child with special needs I am hyper-aware of people making fun of those who who are different. That phony profile makes me furious! Who could be so cruel?

In an earlier post you mentioned an iphone. I just got one! I've never played Words with Friends, but my hubby found a popular app called Draw Something. It's free and pretty fun. :)

Good job on the running!

PrairieMom said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! I had such fun reading through your recent posts. I think I deserve a milkshake! I'll be back!!