Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, July 2, 2020

Sleepy with a Side of Headache

I've not been sleeping lately.  Maybe I'm old, maybe I'm worried...whatever the reason, it sure is annoying.  Two nights ago, I slept from midnight until 4:30.  I think a sound startled me, and there was no return to sleep.  I felt horrible all day yesterday.  Last night, I took sleep medication and didn't wake up until 7:30!  It was heavenly!  No worries, I will not be making this a habit.  

~*~


This week has been my Migraine Week.  Once a month, ever since my partial hysterectomy, I experience Migraine Week.  It's kind of like Shark Week, but no one televises it.  I don't have the light-blinding, vomiting, can't-function type of migraines.  I have marathon migraines.  Imagine if someone poked you in the arm, with some intensity, but not enough to hurt you.  You would give them a dirty look and ask them to stop, but probably wouldn't punch them in the nose.  Now, imagine that they did that for 5 or 6 days straight.  That's what Migraine Week is like.  By day 3 or 4, I'm ready to kill anyone who looks at me funny and concentrating at work is extremely difficult.  I tried a seizure medication for maybe nine months or so, but there was no relief.  The doctor had me double my dose, and said I could even take it up to triple the original dosage if this didn't work.  I must say, I think the intensity is just a tad less, and now the headaches seem to respond ever so slightly to Excedrin.  Anyone else experience this same debilitating issue?

~*~

I told my brother to take the Police placard off of my sister-in-law's car.  She's just a tiny little thing, and I would hate for any trouble to await her in the parking lot of a store or mall.  It's been recommended on the Police Wives site to remove the Thin Blue Line flags at your homes or decals on your cars.  It's really sad that things have come to this.  I pray for peace for our nation.


No comments: