Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It had to be done...

I couldn't deal with it any longer and finally spent the entire day cleaning my almost unlivable home. It smells so clean and fresh in here and there are no dust balls in sight.

My "plate" has been so full lately and I feel like I've neglected my husband and children. But hubby should be happy to come home to a clean, sweet smelling house and homemade oatmeal cookies. (Mine are the bomb, by the way!)

Enjoying "Brown Eyed Girl" on iTunes while I type. It's a beautiful day here and I just got in the mood to go outside and enjoy it!

Oatmeal Cookies
1 C packed light-brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3 C oats
1 C + 2T flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugars and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix to combine. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, soda, and powder; stir to combine. Add to butter mixture. Mix on low speed just to combine, 15 seconds.

Use a large or small scoop to form balls of dough. Bake until golden and just set, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 4-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

~she~

1 comment:

REJOICING said...

I am so excited that I found your blog! It reminds me of home!
What kind of oats do you use in these cookies? I am wanting to try them but I was not sure if you use quick cooking or old fashioned? Thanks for the help.
Melissa