Text

~my thoughts about life~



Monday, February 27, 2012

Goings On


Son #1 at another concert
 Lots of stuff going on in my life should give me great topics for my blog.  One would think.  Life has been so incredibly busy lately that I haven't found much time for quality blogging.  When I do have a few minutes to sit down, I can't think of anything to say.  It's because the things going on around here couldn't possibly be interesting.  I'll share a few of the less mundane things.

Hubby had a basketball tournament one state over last weekend.  (I'm so tired of travelling every weekend.)  His first game was Friday night at midnight.  The poor sap doesn't understand that he's no longer 22.  I got to see an awesomely fun cousin-in-law of mine.  She did, however, give me bad driving directions.  Hubby gave me bad directions as well.  I spent a lot of time driving in the wrong direction.  Sadly, the Midwest is not that interesting for sightseeing.  Son #1 was in another different state at the same time with his youth group.  Kind of a weird feeling.

----------

Last Monday, there was no school for the kids.  Hubby was presented with the opportunity to have a day off so he pounced on it.  He ended up going on a short road trip with my grandfather and uncle to pick up our church's broken down van an hour away.  I stayed with Grandma for a few hours but she slept the entire time.  After that, we went to Old Navy and Best Buy in search of President's Day sales.  I did get one awesome deal.  I had been looking for a running jacket but didn't like the prices.  I found an adorable jacket at ON that was $49.  There was a sign overhead saying that athletic jackets were $25.  I was pumped!  When I took it to the register, it rang up at $39.  I explained that the sign said $25.  It turns out that the sign was actually for windbreakers, but because it was hanging directly over the jacket I wanted, they gave me the deal!  Hurrah for Old Navy!!!

----------

Last week, Son #2 had his last Pinewood Derby.  He graduates Cub Scouts this year and moves on to Boy Scouts.  How's this for a perfect sendoff:  he didn't win one race.  Not one!  He is a fabulous sport and knows how to lose with style.  He tried racing his car backward and even said he was going to try doing it sideways (which isn't possible).  He had a great attitude and really made me proud!

----------

I saved $65 at the grocery store today and stocked up on some great things.  My best deal was 9 protein bars for free!  Not bad, not bad!

----------

I am behind on laundry, behind on housework.  I finally broke down and bought a bottle of Swiffer Dust & Shine (because it smells heavenly), even though it wasn't on sale.  I did use a coupon though, so don't get too frightened.  My house needs some serious dusting!  Today, Son #1 has French horn lessons and Philharmonic rehearsal.  So it's another one of those busy days, yet I don't really feel the need to do my hair.  It's all good.

See, I told you- totally uninteresting.  If you made it this far, you deserve a milkshake.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, I'll take that milkshake!

Do you have a GPS?? If not, you should get one--they are awesome. I'm the kind of person who shouldn't be allowed out of the house without someone to point me in the right direction. The GPS is almost infallible. I has saved time, gas and my sanity more times than I can count. And now I know how to get it to tell me where the nearest Starbucks is!!!

Mimsie said...

I agree with Linda about the GPS. I used points to get a TomTom and just love it. Your blog is always worth waiting for, so don't feel any pressure! Your son and husband look so much alike in the Cubs photo--such nice warm smiles.