Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, February 3, 2012

A to Z

This was supposed to post yesterday, but didn't.  Boo.  Last night, I was still wide awake at 1:30 AM, unable to sleep.   That's unusual for me so I got kind of crabby about it.  Then at 2:15, Big Sis threw up all over the hallway.  The SPLAT woke me up after just dozing off.  Needless to say, I'm not feeling all that creative since SickFest 2012.  So we're just going to roll with yesterday's unposted post.  I grabbed this idea from k - This is My A to Z.

A. Age:  35

B. Bed size: Queen.  Actually, I sleep in a space about a foot and a half wide while Hubby sprawls all over the bed.

This is SO NOT where I sleep.

C. Chore that you hate:  As I stated in my last post, I hate cleaning the bathtub!  But I'll go ahead and list another chore just so I'm not accused of reusing information.  I despise cleaning out my closet.  It's something I let go until I can't possibly step inside of it.  My closet, sadly, becomes a place where I stuff and throw everything that doesn't have a place.

D. Dogs:  No thanks.  I'm just not an animal lover and never will be. 

E. Essential start to your day:  Washing my eyes with water.  I can't wake up unless I splash some cold water in my eyes. 

F. Favorite color:  To look at- green.  To wear- black.  To paint my home- brown. 

G. Gold or Silver:  Silver

H. Height:  5'5"

I. Instruments you play:  Handbells.  Yeah, go ahead an make fun.  I took piano lessons as a kid but was never really good at it.  I understand music and can even read it, but not more than what is required to play handbells.


J. Job title:  Mama

K. Kids:  Lots.  Two boys aged 12 and 10 and two girls aged 7 and 3.  They're kinda awesome.

L. Live:  Midwest US

M. Mother’s name:  Kathy

N. Nicknames:  Believe it or not, She.  That's about it.

O. Overnight hospital stays:  '99, '01, '04, and '08 twice.  Four stays were for C-Sections and the last was was an appendectomy (3 weeks after the birth of Baby Girl.  Yeah, I cried.)

P. Pet peeves:  People who don't use their turn signals.  It drives me completely batty and I want to blast into them with my cool mini-van.  Yeah, I might have a little bit o' road rage in me.

Q. Quote from a movie:  Oh, there are so many!  But most often, it's, "I don't KNOW, Margo!!!"  I even caught Baby Girl saying it the other day.  Sad.

R. Right or left handed:  Right

S. Siblings:  One younger brother who got all the attention.

(Yeah, I know T is missing.  She didn't have it either!)

U. Underwear:  Needs replacing. 

V. Vegetable(s) you hate:  Wow, there's a lot.  Mushrooms, any kind of peppers, raw onions, cabbage, green beans (aren't those legumes?), and a lot more that I've probably never even tried.  I do like broccoli if that makes you feel better.

W. What makes you run late:  All those kids of mine.  They take a lot longer to get ready than I usually plan.  Also, bad hair days on occasion make me late.

X. X-Rays you’ve had:  Wrist and ankle.  I did have a CAT scan for my appendix, but that's not an x-ray, I guess.

Y. Yummy food that you make:  The list is too long to name.  Just check out my Recipes tab above if you're really curious.  I will say that my chocolate cake is what I'm most famous for.  Don't bother looking, you won't find that recipe there.  It's top secret!


Z. Zoo animal:  The immensity of giraffes amazes me!  I also love standing and watching the orangutans.  Last summer, Hubby was playing with them through the glass just like they were one of our kids!  It was awesome!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Interesting posts, this one and previous one.

I'm limited as to internet time, and when I have the time I'm too distracted or tired to post anything of any worth, so I've been kind of slacking lately.

Good for you for persevering....

k said...

I LOVE that quote! We say it often as well. :)

Sarah Marie said...

we have a lot in common :-)

Mamarazzi said...

i love the eyelashes on a giraffe. hand bells? really? that is awesome. seriously awesome.