Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm Baaaaack!!!

Well, sorta.  I'm here, but not 100%.  I saw death this week.  Of course, I'm exaggerating, but I felt closer to death this week than ever before in my life, I think. 

Tuesday morning, I woke up at 4:00 AM, sick as a dog.  I'll spare you the details and just say that I spent a lot of time with my toilet.  I broke out into a cold sweat and felt like I was going to pass out.  I've never fainted before and only felt like I was going to once.  (That was during childbirth.)  I think I came pretty close to losing it there for a while.

Luckily, Hubby was off work.  That had to be the hand of God because there is no way I could have survived without him.  My mom had a huge project at work and wasn't able to help me.  Hubby brought me drinks and ice chips, helped me off the floor when I didn't have the strength to get up myself, and took care of Baby Girl.  He even made the kids' lunches in the morning and helped them get ready for school.  He was absolutely amazing!

The bad part is that my friend was having surgery Tuesday.  I was supposed to keep her 4-year old daughter and cook dinner for them.  All the plans were set.  I felt horrible cancelling on them.  Her husband had to leave the hospital to pick up their daughter at home and take the morning babysitter back to college.  On top of that, they had no dinner that night.  I felt like a horrible friend.  At that point, I could barely lift my head off the pillow.

Also, Tuesday was our appointment to get the internet fixed.  Hubby had to handle all that alone while I dragged myself from the bed to the bathroom.  The technician was there for 2 1/2 hours and talked on the phone for two of those hours, Hubby said.  The guy totally did not do what I wanted and tracked mud from my garden all over my house.  We now have two computers and only one of them is hooked up to internet, the one without all my files stored on it.  Why in the world would this guy think I only wanted one computer hooked up? 

Thankfully, time passed, I began recovering, and our home now has internet again!  I am still extremely weak and am fighting a horrible hangover headache.  Already this morning, I gave Baby Girl a bath, cleaned the bathroom (because it disgusted me after all the time I spent in there lately), and washed my sheets.  I feel as exhausted as the day I ran 6.2 miles.  BUT- I am alive and very thankful for it.

I hadn't had a gastrointestinal bug like that in quite some time.  I only remember one other time in life that I had it that bad.  It was Valentine's Day 8 years ago and I was pregnant.  Hubby and I went to a concert and spent the night at a hotel.  I got sick at the concert but thought it was morning sickness.  When it didn't let up, I realized I was sick.  Being sick in a hotel while pregnant is the absolute worst.  Thankfully, I was neither pregnant nor away from home this time.

Hopefully I will be back to regular posting soon.  Thanks for waiting out this time with me, if you're still around.  Have a great day and avoid the flu!

2 comments:

Mimsie said...

So glad you are feeling better. I would rather have 100 colds than one stomach bug. I HATE throwing up.

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, sorry you were so sick. Hope you are back to normal soon.