Text

~my thoughts about life~



Monday, July 22, 2013

Bitter, Grouchy, & Grumpy

Feeling a tad grouchy today, so I'm going to share with you a list of things that are currently getting on my nerves.
  • People who talk in code on Facebook.  If your situation is too private to talk about in detail, DON'T PUT IT ON FACEBOOK!
  • Humidity.  Trying to run in this thick air is like trying to run a race in waist-high ocean water.  It just doesn't work.
  • Marathon training.  I don't feel like I'm progressing enough.  This could partly be due to the previous irritant.
  • I'm running 3 times a week, yet I don't seem to be losing any weight.  What, my friends, could be more irritating that THAT???
  • Finding out that my friend's ex-fiancee is engaged.  He dumped her less that a year ago.  Moving kind of quickly now, aren't we???
  • The media.  I'm to the point where I can't open a newspaper or watch any news program.  I can't take it any more.   Everything is blown out of proportion.  Nothing can be believed any more.
  • People getting their feelings hurt.  I wish I had the guts to tell people to Man Up.  
  • Dust.  It's all over me with this cleaning out the rooms nonsense.  As I've aged, I've developed an extreme sensitivity to dust.  It's like I'm in the midst of a full-blown winter cold.  I've gone through half a bottle of Visine.  I think I need one of these.  


  • Road construction.  We have so much of it around here, it's difficult to get anywhere.  I can't even get out one end of my own road.  Going all the way around is quite frustrating.  
  • Here's the biggie:  Hubby got some bad news at work.  I almost feel guilty saying this because I've heard of people all over the place losing their high profile jobs.  Thankfully, Hubby still has a job.  But something that he's been working toward for years has been denied.  The managers there kept hinting that he was going to get it.  His accountant, who works for several of the guys there, even said he heard Hubby was getting it.  WRONG!  He was informed this morning that he was not one of the six people who got it and that he shouldn't be discouraged.  Yeah right...kind of hard not to be discouraged.  I just really feel bad for him.  He is the top employee there and won employee of the month numerous times before they did away with the program.  He feels like he was kicked in the gut.  "Just keep at it," they said, "and maybe another opportunity might come along."  They want him to continue to break his back for them, going above and beyond.  Hate to break it to you guys- you've killed his spirit.  He won't be going above and beyond for you any more.  

Sorry to be a downer today.  But I guess we all have our ups and downs.  At least I'm airing my grievances anonymously on the world wide web rather than talking about them in code on Facebook.  :)

Share your grievances today, friend!  That's what the comment box if for!!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

I know someone who informed her husband, on FB that she was divorcing him. Not only that, since then they have been making very public jabs at each other via FB! really!

Jo said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's job ... it is really frustrating when you work so hard to achieve something and then to be deceived into thinking you are going to be rewarded.

The Lovely One said...

I am annoyed by almost all of those things, too! I hate when people talk in code on Facebook! It's just a way to make people who aren't in the know feel dumb!

Hope things get better for your husband's job soon!