Text

~my thoughts about life~



Monday, July 12, 2010

Amish Country

It's been a while since I've posted because I've had so much internet trouble lately. It's extremely frustrating!

Anyway, I love visiting Amish Country. If I had no ties to family, friends, church, or work, I would definitely live there. There is so much peace and serenity: the occasional passing horse and buggy, the laundry drying on the line, and the cute little stores selling junk and treasures.

I recently travelled with a group of 40 kids to an Amish animal park. It's one of those places where you ride on a covered wagon pulled by horses. Animals of every kind approach the wagon to eat from feed buckets. It was a divine day, in spite of the 90 degree heat. I took over 200 pictures, mostly of the children feeding and petting the animals. But here are a few of my favorite shots.


2 comments:

Theresa said...

I like the idea of living simply. Sometimes I think we get distracted by all of the stuff we have going on, all of the technology and I long to just bake some bread and enjoy the smell of it baking! I envy the Amish way of life.

~she~ said...

My thoughts exactly.