Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, July 9, 2010

My List #78

#78 on My List of 100 is about the marathon leg I am running. I am happy to admit that I have finally started training! I am very disappointed, however, with how far I can run before getting totally out of breath. I think high school was the last time I really ran. I have a long way to go!

I have been running in the evenings in a local parking lot, which has been very difficult with the 90+ degree weather we've been having. But I enjoy running laps while my kids ride their bikes.

I also went on a 10-mile bike ride in the 90 degree heat. It was so lovely that it didn't feel like training at all. We drove up to the Great Lakes and found a beautiful island that had miles of bike trails and beaches. Which leads me to #62 on my list - I love sitting on the beach and reading a book. Where we were was so gorgeous that you couldn't tell you weren't sitting by the ocean. Who knew the Great Lakes were so lovely?

No comments: