Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's For Dinner?

This is one of my I-don't-have-anything-to-make-for-dinner-tonight Dinners. It has ingredients that are always on-hand in my pantry and my family eats it somewhat well. This is the amount I make for my family which would probably feed 3 to 4 adults. Add more or less of any of the ingredients depending on your taste.

Chicken Bowtie Pasta in Cream Sauce
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
4T frozen Birdseye peppers & onion stirfry mix
Salt & Pepper
3T flour
3T butter
2 C+ milk
3/4 Box Bowtie Pasta

In large skillet, brown chicken and peppers & onions in butter with salt and pepper.

In the same pan, scoot chicken to the side and make a roux with flour and butter. Slowly add milk or half & half until desired thickness is reached. Simmer until ready to serve. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more milk. Serve over al dente pasta.

No comments: