Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Birthday

Baby Girl is growing up, even though I am resisting it with every fiber of my being. She turned 2 over the weekend. We had a lovely outdoor party (on our new patio furniture) with a fire in the fire pit. She wore a darling red and white polka-dot dress from Gymboree so I planned the party to match. Red and white polka-dot balloons and streamers decorated the house and patio. I made a giant polka-dot cupcake with smaller cupcakes coordinating. She got more toys than she knows what to do with, her favorite being a Dora bus that plays music. (I love how she says "Dori," she rolls her "R" like a Latina!)

It was a beautiful evening, despite the fact that my last baby won't be a baby much longer. I am trying not to be saddened by the event but instead am thinking of how much easier life will get as my kids get older. I thought I would be a mom of little babies and toddlers forever...I didn't see tweens coming. But they are here in full force and they're bringing the little ones along with them. I'll just try to enjoy each stage while I'm there.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I love those cupcakes! They look scrumptious! sounds like an adorable party!

~she~ said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks!