Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, September 30, 2010

There's a Lizard on my Keyboard

Hubby and I recently started noticing these colorful, plastic lizards throughout the house. At first, we thought the kids were being careless, leaving their toys out. So I picked them up and put them in the "Go Upstairs" pile. But then I started noticing them in unusual places that had to be planted on purpose. For example, this lizard was on my keyboard one evening after the kids were in bed. I remembered that Big Sis picked a package of these lizards from the treasure chest at the dentist's office the week before. Putting that information together with the knowledge of her sense of humor made me realize that she's playing a game with us. So Daddy put the lizard in her shoe the next morning. That just made her day! She now has a partner in the game. I love when the kids do silly things that make me realize they all got their dad's corny sense of humor. I love it...that's why I picked him in the first place. (On an unrelated note, today marks 18 years that I have been enjoying his corny sense of humor. We started dating on September 30, 1992!)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi there! I gave you the Versatile Blogger award today--please go to my blog to check it out!

~she~ said...

Thanks again, Theresa!