Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Life as of Late

Back-to-School has brought with it so many activities that require my attention that I've had to neglect some of the things that are important to me. I haven't been able to blog or do laundry lately. So while I have a free moment, I'll allow the dirty clothes mountain to grow while I send my anonymous thoughts into cyberspace. (I think the laundry pile is starting to mutate anyway.)


We had a fabulous Labor Day that included a barbecue picnic by the lake, the kids climbing on the playground for hours, corn hole, miniature golf, and an evening campfire cookout to end the day. It was exactly the day I needed.

We have been spending much time on our back patio lately. In our 14 years of marriage, we have never owned nice outdoor furniture. Generic lawn chairs was the extent of our backyard paradise. But with the help of an end-of-season sale at Lowe's, we finally got exactly what we wanted. So we've enjoyed the final days of summer sitting around a fire pit on beautifully cushioned chairs and love seats. I would rather spend my evenings here than most places this region has to offer. It has a way of drawing family closer together.

No comments: