Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Stitch in Time Does Not Save Nine

It has to be said, Scouting and sewing-challenged people do not mix. I have had scouts in my home for the past five years. That's a lot of patches, people. So far, my mother has been the one to stitch all those numbers and symbols on the boys' uniforms. But we are horrible procrastinators and don't think of sewing on patches until right before meeting time. So I have reluctantly taken over.

On the left, you see an incomplete Cub Scout uniform. The orange patch is on it's last leg, literally hanging on by a thread. There is no red patch on the left side of the diamond, but we won't go into that story. And on the right of the picture, you see a Boy Scout sash, a tabula rasa. This is Big Brother's first year of Boy Scouts. Looking at this empty sash, I envision the multitude of merit badges that will someday be displayed in uneven lines. It makes me want to cry. I think I need a sewing tutor.

No comments: