Text

~my thoughts about life~



Monday, July 11, 2011

Randomness

It's Monday and I'm in a random kind of mood.  My internet has been down most of the weekend and is, at best, spotty right now.  That is the reason for the late post today.  It also has kept me from finishing my commenting challenge, which I've thoroughly enjoyed.  I'll just have to wrap it up a day late.

----------

I got to have lunch with my mom today (can anyone guess where?) and hold my new nephew for about 4 minutes.  I still need some real Aunt Bonding Time with him.

----------

I think I'm ready to do it.  I am going to step out of my comfort zone and start charging people money to take their pictures.  Being a photographer has been a dream of mine for some time now.  I don't know if I'll ever really feel ready, so I think I need to make a go of it now while I'm feeling brave.  I talked to my cousin who takes pictures on the side.  He gave me some great advice and valuable information to get me started.  I'll be forever thankful to him.

----------

It is totally hot outside right now, in spite of the pouring rain.  That is one thing I adore about summer - hot rain.  (That sounds like the name of a cheap perfume that ladies of the night or 14-year old girls wear.)

----------

I just put brand new batteries in Big Sis' Leapster and it's still not working.  We were so excited about it when we bought it but have never been truly happy with it.  I was never impressed with the graphics or the screen images.  The screen is always dark and difficult to see.  Then shortly after we got it, the screen went partly dead and had a big yellow line going through it.  The batteries wear out quickly  and the games are expensive.  Let's just say, it's not what I thought it would be.  I'm thinking about getting Big Sis a Game Boy for her birthday.  She's never had one but would really love it.   Although, I haven't checked the price of them lately.

----------

Tell me something totally random about your day.

No comments: