Tuesday, July 5, 2011
1 sleeve graham crackers
1 t sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 brownie mix + ingredients on box
1 bag large marshmallows
Crush graham crackers. Add butter and sugar to make a basic crust. Drop a generous spoonful of crumb mixture into each cupcake liner and press down with a cup bottom. Stand up one marshmallow in each cup. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into each cup. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 Hershey bar
Top each cupcake with a spoonful of marshmallow cream and spread around. Place frosted cupcakes on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler, watching carefully, to toast the marshmallow. Garnish with extra graham cracker crumbs and one square of chocolate.
- The crust recipe makes way too much. Save the rest for another time.
- Do not fill cupcake liners all the way to the very top. Save a little bit of space. I think this recipe actually makes about 13-14 cupcakes, depending on what brownie mix you use and how thick each cupcake's crust is.
- While baking, the batter will poof up and then sink back down before it's done.
- Refrigerate (or maybe even freeze) the chocolate before garnishing each cupcake. My chocolate got very soft and melted down onto the cupcake. It was really warm in my kitchen...I should have immediately placed the cupcakes in the refrigerator after adding the chocolate.
- Do not allow your arm to touch the inside of the oven door while you are watching the marshmallows toast. This will burn your arm and cause you to be in pain for the rest of the day.
- Bring two napkins with you when you eat your cupcake. Then get two more napkins when you go back for seconds.