Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, February 21, 2013

WWTK

 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg It's been another one of those crazy weeks, you know- the kind where I didn't even get dinner last night, picked up Subway on Tuesday, and for the life of me, can't even remember what I ate for dinner Monday night.  All I do remember is that it was late.  No Mother of the Year Awards will be given to me this week.  Anyhoo- that's why I'm a day late with WWTK.  It looked like a fun one so I didn't want to pass on it.


- - QUESTIONS - -
{no. 1} Describe what high school was like for you. Include details like where you went, your dedication to certain subjects, etc.
High school was 19 to 23 years ago for me.  I was a big, fat nerd.  Well, I only weighed 120 lbs., so I wasn't actually fat.  I was in Honors classes, Choir, Yearbook staff, Girls' Ensemble, and Spanish Club.  I kept an A/B average and actually cared.  I didn't smoke, drink, or party.  I never had detention, even though I was suspended once.  Language Art subjects were my favorite and I adored my Composition class.  

I'm in the front, middle

{no. 2} On a typical Friday night in high school, what could you be found doing?
I was at church!  Our youth group had services on Fridays.  We all piled on the church vans  after service and went out to a restaurant.  It was the best part of my week.

I'm in the middle - riding the church vans

{no. 3} Did you own a car in high school?
My cousin gave me her 1984 Dodge 600 for free.  I was pretty pumped to drive it!  I named it Stormy because it was the color of a storm cloud and sounded like thunder.  Ah, good times!


The front of my shirt said Duck Head and the back said Duck Tail.  Classy.

{no. 4} Sum up your fashion sense in high school.
Penny loafers or Keds, jean skirts, cardigans, and turtlenecks, big hair and big glasses.  I had a brown leather jacket from Express that I thought was the bomb-diggity!  It provided no warmth but I wore it every single day.  

The beginning of a long, beautiful relationship

{no. 5} Have you attended any high school reunions?
We had a 5 year and a 10 year.  They were both actually a lot of fun.  I still ended up hanging out with my group of nerds and current friends, but we enjoyed making fun of the people who let themselves go after high school.  Over the summer, I attended Hubby's 20 year reunion, which was a lot of fun too.  I remember a lot of people from his class, even though I didn't speak to any of them in high school.  I was shy and they were stupid...taking Freshmen classes their Junior year.  

No comments: