Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Easy Rice Pilaf

She's Easy Rice Pilaf
1 1/3 C white rice
1 can Campbell's beef broth (double strength)
1 can Campbell's French onion soup
1 stick butter
8 oz. sliced mushrooms, drained

Combine rice, broth, soup, and mushrooms in a casserole dish.  Slice butter into pats and lay on top of rice mixture.  Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Variations:
* If you double the recipe, bake for 1 1/2 hours.
* You can substitute brown rice for the white rice, just increase baking time by 15 minutes.  I actually do half white and half brown rice most of the time.
* The rice is best if you use the whole stick of butter but the butter can be cut in half for calorie-conscious people like me.

This is a very low maintenance side dish that comes out perfectly every time.  It's my go-to potluck and funeral dish.  In my opinion, it's not the best leftover though.

No comments: