Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting Ready

Very soon begins our family train trip across the country!   Along with my family of six, my aunt, uncle, and 16-year old cousin (their nephew) will be joining us.  I simply cannot wait!  We've been planning it since February and it's hard to believe it's finally here.

I am a list maker.  I've been making my Choo Choo list for over a week now.  If I don't work from a list, I will forget so many things.  We will be leaving the house around 4 AM so I definitely won't be thinking clearly.

Camera charged, memory card clear - Check!
Half of my closet squeezed into a small carry-on bag - Check!
All my liquids packed into the one giant suitcase we're paying to check - Check!
Travel documents printed - Check!
Movies loaded onto my laptop for emergency boredom situations - Check!
Running shoes packed, in case I feel the need to jog down the beach - Check!
The rest of my family's things ready - Um, definitely not Check.

I still have a lot to do.  I started with myself first to try to figure out what we're actually going to need.  It's hard to comprehend that we're going to California and it will actually be colder there.  Something's just not right with that thought.  So I've packed a t-shirt for each day and different cardigans I can throw on top when I remember how chilly 60 degrees feels.

I love taking trips but planning them makes me absolutely crazy!  I will be thinking of you all while I'm seeing this for the first time:

Remember that show Full House?  That's what I always think of when I think of San Francisco.  They showed a shot like this in the opening credits.  That's back when the Olsen twins were cute and not...well, I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one. 

2 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

Have a wonderful time! People are always surprised by how cold SF can be. Take the kids to Ghiradelli Square, they will love it. The exploratorium or planetarium are also great.

Theresa said...

Planning trips makes me crazy too. But this sounds like an excellent trip!

Aren't your kids in school?