Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, October 7, 2010

#2...continued

Naptimme of day #2 wasn't much better, but I'm claiming the victory. Since Baby Girl woke up before 7:00 AM this morning, I opted to start naptime early today. It was the same routine as last night but no Daddy to come to the rescue. I put Baby Girl in her bed and took my seat in front of the door. For 40 minutes, she screamed, banged, played, and sang. At one point, there was even a sweet song about "Mommy, opie! Opie dar, Mommy!" And then there was a bout of "Toppit, Mommy!" (Stop it.) But then I heard a dreaded sound...the sound of diaper tabs unfastening. I was in her room like a bolt of lightning to catch her removing her diaper through the leg of her onesie. I firmly told her no, zipped her back up, and put her back in bed. When she climbed out, I put her back in. This happened a few times until, at last, she didn't climb back out. It was a long process, but still a victory.

Baby Girl- 1
Mama- 1

No comments: