Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remembering...

Each time I sit down and remember my childhood, I think to myself, Wow, I had a great childhood! I'm glad I didn't grow up in the present day of video games, computers, iPods, and multiple televisions in each home. Today's kids are missing out on what being a child truly is, my kids included.

The family and I recently had the opportunity to visit a childhood location...a state park where I spent a week every summer of my life. Here is the kiddie pool and beach where we used to spend hours and hours. My mom would sit on a lawn chair or blanket in the grass (there was no fence back then) while she watched us. Days would go on forever. A picnic would refresh us when famished. Sometimes I would give anything to relive one of those days. True bliss.

No comments: