Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Phrasology...

This morning's conversation on the way to school...dialogue between the 9-year-old and myself.

Him: "It looks like day out today."
Me: "It is day."
Him: "No, it's morning."
Me: "There's a difference between day and morning?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "So, there's morning, day, and night?"
Him: "And afternoon."
Me: "OK, so what time does day start?"
Him: "10 o'clock."
Me: "And what time does morning start."
Him: "1 o'clock in the morning."
Me: "When does night start?"
Him: "About 8 o'clock."
Me: "So when is afternoon?"
Him: "1 o'clock in the afternoon."
Me: "So, morning is from 1:00 AM to 10:00 AM, day is from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, afternoon is from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and night is from 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Do I have it right?"
Him: "Yep."

So glad that was clarified today. Maybe I need to report this information to the higher authorities. I'm not sure they have it down.

No comments: