One of our favorite "junk suppers" and football party food is Chicken Nachos or Chicken Quesadillas. They're so easy to make and super delicious! Paired with homemade potato skins, chicken wings, and stromboli, they liven up any finger food party!
Chicken Nachos/Chicken Quesadillas
1. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. (If the chicken is still slightly frozen, it is much easier to cut up.) Allow 1 chicken breast per person for a generous portion.
2. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for as long as time allows. (Sometimes I leave it in the refrigerator several hours, sometimes I only have a few minutes.)
3. Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Pour in chicken along with the marinade. Brown chicken until cooked through.
4. Sprinkle cooked chicken with taco seasoning according to your taste (I like a lot) and stir.
5. For Nachos, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out unbroken tortilla chips (I use white corn Tostidos) in a single layer. Cover each chip with chicken mixture and sprinkle generously with Cheddar Jack or Mexican cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and slightly brown. Serve with sour cream.
6. For Quesadillas, butter one side of a flour tortilla. Fill half of unbuttered side with chicken mixture and sprinkle generously with Cheddar Jack or Mexican cheese. Fold tortilla in half and fry on both sides until browned. Cut into thirds, making triangles. Serve with sour cream and salsa.