Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Free at Last, Free at Last...

We are finally a pacifier free home! But I can't say this decision was made by choice. We have gradually lost all of Baby Girl's "binkies" and I've refused to buy more. She's 2 now and I think this is a good age to stop. I hate seeing kids going to middle school with a pacifier in tow. I'm obviously kidding but I can't stand trying to decipher what an older toddler is saying while they keep their pacifier clamped in their teeth. I vowed that I would never allow my child to do this.

Our first step was to only allow the pacifier to be used for sleeping, church, and restaurants - times when I wanted her to be quiet. Then we went down to bedtime and naps only. This is where we had a problem. We were down to only one binky so we treated it like gold. I didn't want to lose it before I was totally ready. Yesterday during nap, Baby Girl decided to remove her clothes and her diaper. Then she proceeded to take a dump right in her bed. I will spare you the disturbing details so we don't have any vomiting on keyboards and laptops. So I decided to throw the VERY LAST BINKY in the trash. And no, I'm not replacing it. So Baby Girl was forced into quitting cold turkey. I wish they made a patch for this.

1 comment:

Lena! said...

OMG!!! Wow, that's what I call cold turkey!