Text

~my thoughts about life~



Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Well, we had a short lapse in fresh, homemade cookies due to the fact that the Chocolate Chunk Cookies didn't even make it 24 hours. My parents and brother got wind of the fact that I was attempting to have homemade cookies constantly this month. So they helped speed the process along.

This recipe has to be my family's favorite. My mom always made them around Christmastime when I was growing up. They were too special to have all year round. (Which means they were time consuming and somewhat pricey to make.) So when I make them around here, it is cause for celebration. They're not that much work, you just have to plan ahead. I'm sure I will be posting another recipe soon...these are bound to go quickly!

Chocolate Crinkles
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 C flour
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate*
2 t baking powder
2 C sugar
1/2 t salt
2 t vanilla
4 eggs
1/2 C + powdered sugar, set aside

In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar and vanilla. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray aluminum foil lined cookie sheet with Pam.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

Bake 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store tightly covered.

*I use Nestle pre-melted unsweetened chocolate that comes in a yellow box. It's much easier!

1 comment:

chris said...

i make these too - but only at christmastime. they are hands-down my favorites!!