Text

~my thoughts about life~



Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful for Life

Sorry I've been M.I.A. the past couple days but I've been in a turkey coma. 
(For all my Seinfeld friends out there:
"What is that stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy?"
"Triptaphen!")

On Wednesday, my mom was off work and we spent most of the day cooking and preparing for Thanksgiving dinner.  We picked up lunch (at Chipotle) and brought it home to eat while we watched my Grandma.  Gram was a little extra difficult and attempted to sneak out of the house no less than 20 times.  It was the first time she was ever truly mean to me.  It's so sad...we have to drug her up just to keep her from running away.  After about three hours, she settled down to the point of actually sitting in a chair.  She would still ramble and talk nonsense, but I can handle that.

I also had two photo shoots on Wednesday.  One was with my brother and one with my cousin.  I was glad to get out and take some pictures since I hadn't taken any portraits in quite a while.  Both of them were overjoyed with the results, which made me very happy.  I really enjoyed photographing my fat, adorable, 4-month old nephew.  We propped him up in a chair and got him to offer the biggest smiles!  He looks like a little man and I just want to eat him up!

Thursday was a perfect family day.  The food was unreal and the desserts sent me into a stupor.  Gram was extremely well behaved, possibly because we had the meal at her house this year.  Sometimes she seems to do better when there are a lot of people around.

Thursday evening, Hubby had cabin fever (which he always gets if he's required to stay in one place longer than a couple hours.)  He wanted to go to Old Navy, just to get out of the house.  I obliged, but said we had to stop at CVS first.  They had so many great sales and freebies.  I don't take a day off, even on Thanksgiving.  I wish I could have gone to there earlier in the day.  A lot of the good deals were sold out.  I did pick up six items, which are things I use often, and only paid $.56.  Not too shabby!  I can always talk Hubby into going there with me because he gets great joy out of using the coupon machine.

Friday, I got some major Christmas shopping done, all from the comfort of my own home.  I love shopping while in pajamas!  My best deal was a toy for my niece.  The original price was $99 and I got it for $29!  I must admit that I'm not exactly sure what it is...I was just excited about scoring a deal that great!  She gets the gift of the year!

All of these activities left my home looking quite despicable.  I should get my rear in gear and get it cleaned up.  Well, maybe after a piece of pumpkin pie with extra Cool Whip!
How was your holiday?

2 comments:

The Lovely One said...

But wait, what was the toy? Was it something she asked for? Maybe I need to get it for Bug or BK!

Theresa said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. jason's grandmother had dementia, it is so hard.

Glad to hear you got some great deals!