Things That Make Me Happy!Can you see the big, cheesy smile on my face???
- Hubby asked if the "DG" on the side of my sunglasses stood for "Dang, Girl!" I grinned like a teenager!
- Son #1 was awarded with a $100 gift card to a grocery store at school! I'll admit, the first thought into my mind was, That's a whole week's worth of groceries for the family! Then I decided that it was his gift card, I was going to let him spend it however he wanted. So, how do you think a 12-year old boy would decide to spend $100 at a grocery store? Junk food! About $40 into the trip (he kept track on a calculator), he started feeling guilty. He kept telling me how he didn't feel right putting all that junk into the cart. I was beaming! He started picking up things like chicken noodle soup, cranberry pomegranate juice, and cider. The purchase he was most proud of was porterhouse steaks! The purchase I found most amusing was frozen garlic bread. I loved seeing how thrifty he was. He put back the Nutrigrain bars because he wasn't wasting $4.39 on that! He opted for the generic brand instead. Even though I was embarrassed to ring up all that junk food, I was quite proud of him. He even bought a treat for his brother and each sister!
- I accomplished a bunch of the little, tiny chores that clutter the back storage section of my brain. It was nice to clean that area out...I hope I didn't miss any tasks that have fallen into the corners of my brain storage. I seriously need a live-in maid to help me keep my brain clean. It's really cluttered in there.
- Watching Baby Girl play this. It is seriously the best kids game we've ever had!
- The $50 check I just got from filling out Knowledge Networks surveys! That makes $80 so far for me ! (It all goes in my camera fund!)
- Coupons. Sorry, I had to say it. But I got several good ones on November first. My binder is oh-so-cute with artwork of a girl shopping on the front!
- The fact that I don't have anything to do tonight. I love stay-at-home nights.