Wednesday, December 28, 2011
+ & -
- We have snow here.
+ The kids are home from school which means all-day playmates for Baby Girl.
- There is also a whole lot more noise around here. At times, I must say the kids are driving me crazy!
+ Tonight, we have a double date with some new friends and I couldn't be more excited! Going out with adults and no kids is something much to be desired around here. We're even trying a new Italian/New York style restaurant that looks right up my alley!
- Us going out means another non-homecooked meal for the kids. I don't do much (any) cooking the week between Christmas and New Year's.
+ You can finally see the carpet in my house. It's brown. Remember, I requested "the color of dirt" when it was time to order carpet.
- I still have a lot of stuff to put away.
- Finding time to shop is not easy. I could take the whole family with me but they would drive me crazy, wanting to get out of there the entire time. I am too nervous to buy shoes online. I had toe surgery on both feet when I was in college. Ever since, buying shoes has been a bit difficult.
+ New Year's Day is almost here! After church, we will go to my mom's. We will make a crazy amount of party food to snack on while the guys watch football and the girls play games.
- The kids have to go back to school the next day. Come on, couldn't have they given us just one more day off?
+ Hubby is off January 2nd (shocker!) so we have the day for just the three of us (Baby Girl comes velcroed to me.)
- January 2nd is usually the day diet resolutions start. Bummer. Why even start a resolution if I know there's no way I'm going to keep it???
+ Dunkin Donuts chai. Enough said. I didn't realize it was that good!
And to end things on a positive note:
+ Did I mention I'm going out with friends tonight? Oh, yeah...sorry to bring that up again. I'm just really looking forward to it! I have a new friend and we seem to have been separated at birth. She's a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying getting to know her. I've had some bad luck when it comes to close friends. Hopefully this one will be around for a while.
What pluses and minuses are in your life right now?