Text

~my thoughts about life~



Saturday, December 31, 2011

Toaster Talk

We have had some bad toaster luck around here.  We had a cheap-o one Hubby brought to the house when we got married.  It lasted several years and now I wish I would have hung onto it.  But no, I needed a toaster oven.  You ain't cool unless you have a toaster oven.  We went through our share of those too.  They always seem to have some sort of problem

A few years ago, my SIL had this fancy, red toaster/toaster oven combo.  I thought it was the bees knees and wanted one for myself.  It opens like a toaster oven in the front and also has a slot on top like a regular toaster.  I got mine in silver so it would match my kitchen.  Yeah, we broke that thing right away, I guess.  It has never worked well.  Any time you fire it up, the smoke detector down the hall is definitely going off.  And don't even think about putting toast or Pop-Tarts in the top...they will get stuck.

Lately, I've noticed that people have kind of switched back to regular toasters.  They make them so cute now in stainless steel to match the rest of my kitchen.  Hubby really wanted one so we bought it.  It was shiny and new looking and worked perfectly.  I was ready to pitch the half-working toaster oven but the kids threw a fit.  How else would they cook chicken nuggets?  True.  I sure don't want them heating up the entire oven for four chicken nuggets.

The toaster worked well for a year or more.  UNTIL- Hubby decided to try these frozen blueberry muffin (disgusting-looking) things.  The very first time, they got stuck in the toaster.  He went to war with a fork trying to get them out.  Meanwhile, a burning smell was overtaking my home.  I finally pushed him aside and worked on getting the half frozen, half burned muffin things out.  The battle left some scars.  Now, only the outside heating elements work in the toaster.  That means that one side of the bread gets perfectly toasty while the other side remains just regular bread.  So now, I have to push my toast down once, flip each piece around, and cook the other side.  This is getting plain ridiculous.  Anyone else think this poor lady is finally deserving of a new toaster?

It's the little things in life....

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post and site
nice to meet you
happy new year to you and family

chris said...

new year, new toaster!
happy 2012!

Stephanie said...

LOL Yes! It is time:) So glad we "met" this year! Happy New Year!