- Sick Kids. You want 'em...we've got 'em! Baby Girl led off with a hacking cough that just won't clear up. Son #1 was second at bat with a sore throat and incredibly swollen tonsils. Son #2 was up third with an ear infection and swollen tonsils, requiring amoxicillin. Big Sis batted clean up and scored a home run with strep throat and pink eye. It all went down Sunday morning when I noticed goop in Big Sis' eye. I had to sing at church that morning so Hubby was responsible for taking the kids to Children's for meds. What a trooper! I was worried he would be left staring blankly when asked for the kids' dates of birth. Luckily, he handled it all like a Professional Daddy! He opted to give Big Sis a shot of antibiotics rather than eye drops and oral medication for ten days. Her leg still hurts from the injection so she's home from school again.
- It is not beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We still do not have any decorations up yet. I'm feeling a little Grinch-like. It's not that I'm anti-Christmas, I just have not had any kind of time to get decorations out and up. Who in the world wants to kick aside a pile of junk to put a Christmas tree where the junk used to be? I need to do some serious house cleaning first.
- Tornado Site. Yep, that's what it looks like around here. From all the sick kids to plans on Saturday night, I also had a church bake sale thrown in the middle. Since the kids were sick, I only felt comfortable baking after completely sterilizing the kitchen. I've wiped down cupboard handles and the refrigerator more times that I want to admit. When I cook, I'm paranoid about germs....especially when that food is for someone else. Luckily, all went well and Son #1 made $40 for his youth account at church. I'll be really thankful for that come the next out-of-town trip.
- Coupons. I am almost ready to say I'm sick of them. I'm not sick of them at all...I'm just sick of cutting them out and organizing them in my binder. When I go to the store and save 50% on my entire bill, I realize how worth it this all is. I have thousands of coupons. Thousands. They actually make me quite happy.
- Great Deals. They're everywhere! I have had so many brown boxes delivered to my doorstep the past few days! It just makes me happy that it's saving me time from going out shopping. Today's deal: another FREE Kindle book. O Little Town: A Novel. I have quite a few books waiting patiently on my Kindle to be read....maybe in mid-January when nothing's going on.
- Triple Booked. Tonight starts my holiday season of being triple booked for events. Son #1 has a band concert, I have choir practice for our upcoming Christmas concert, and my sign language group has a performance tonight. Not to forget the sick kids at home and the aforementioned tornado house. Anyone remember that movie Multiplicity? Sounding good right about now.
Well, I feel really guilty sitting here writing about all I have to do. Today is grocery shopping day so there go a couple more hours. Time to make the donuts!!!