Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Photo Shoot

I finally found time to gather my kids together and snap their photo for our Christmas cards!  This is a huge relief for me!  Now, hopefully the printing company will get them done and shipped to me very quickly! 

It was 34 degrees outside when I attempted this but I really wanted outdoor shots.  My camera takes much sharper pictures in natural light.  Also, I didn't want them to wear coats.  So I put my kids through severe abuse to get good photos!  Baby Girl frowned in the first few because she was cold.  I told her I would give her a donut if she smiled pretty and she perked right up!

I thought it would be a unique idea to carry my loveseat outside for the photo.  Great idea, lots more work than I imagined!  It didn't fit through the doorway so Son #1 and I had to flip it on its side.  It ended up falling sideways onto the porch which scraped up the leather all across the back of the couch.  Oopsie!  At least nobody sees that side when it's against a wall.  (Don't any of you dare tell my husband what I did!)  The couch was heavier than I thought and we could not get it back into the house.  I was totally out of gas.  Son #1 got our buff 20-something, Army vet neighbor to help get it back in the house.

I snapped pictures as quickly as I could since it was freezing.  When I wanted to change shots, I had the kids put their coats back on.  At the end, I allowed Baby Girl to keep hers on.  I think we were outside for a total of four minutes.  Several of the shots were blurry due to my shivering and attempt to be quick.  But I think we got some descent results.  What do you think???










Did you notice Son #2's nasty tennis shoes?  I checked out everyone else's shoes but his.  After the pics, #1 asked "Why did he get to wear tennis shoes and I didn't?"  Crud.  And that's what seems to be the most noticeable thing to me in the picture.  Which one do you think I ended up using?

9 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

The pics are amazing! I love the first two--either of those are the ones for the card.

Jen said...

Fantastic idea with the couch outside!! :)

Linda said...

I, too, love the idea of the couch outside. My favorite is the top one.

clare suzanne said...

These are awesome photos!! I looks like the couch idea is loved by all, including me! Happy Holidays!

trishalyn said...

Great idea lugging the couch outside! #1 is my favorite!!! :-)

Michelle said...

Those are really lovely photos!

I thought of taking new photos for the cards but decided to just go with the ones we took this summer with a photographer. Sure the baby is a little bigger now but she's still cute and I don't have to sweat over another photo shoot.

chris said...

very nice, all of them! the loveseat idea was spectacular - but i like the last one with the chair the best, esp your little one.

Mimsie said...

It's a hard choice, but I am going with picture #2. I like the way your youngest has her head tipped to the side. Be sure to save all the rest for family albums. Your kids are adorable!

Cory said...

Your children are beautiful! And I love the new header of your blog. I am sorry that I am not as good of a blogger as you. I want to be. I just don't have that much going on, plus we have been sick for a month now. :/ Guess that could be a post. :( LOL!