Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby Mama

A dear friend of mine was in the hospital all weekend. She recently relocated here with no family around to help. Her parents and in-laws all live out of the country. So when she was admitted, I was called upon to care for her children. After all, I have four already...what's two more? So all weekend, I was the mother of six, ages 11, 9, 6, 6, 2, and 3 months. The two 6-year-olds immediately became twins with different skin colors, dressing in matching outfits. But the most enjoyable part for me was being a Baby Mama again. I loved holding and feeding the 3-month-old so much that my uterus ached. It's out of commission though so no more biological babies will be coming my way. Thankfully, my friend was discharged last night. But I'm going through baby withdrawal. Maybe I'll roam the streets in search of a baby who needs a little love from a new Mama.

No comments: