Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

'Tis the Season?

I am a person who does not like to rush holidays. I still have my Halloween decorations up (well, that's just laziness) and I've barely started thinking about Thanksgiving. Well, the other day in the car, dear Hubby jumped the gun. He surprised me by playing Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. We have agreed that this song kicks off the Christmas season and it's the first Christmas song we listen to every year. Great, thanks a lot...now I'm in the Christmas spirit! But I'm not ready yet! If I start now, how long can I hold out? How many times can I watch Elf, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story? Is it time to buy wrapping paper? Who is on my list? Are they naughty or nice? Should I bring up the tree, hang the pine wreath on the door, and unpack the Nativity Scene? No! It's just not time yet! It's only November ninth and I'm a stickler for waiting until December first. So for now, I will do my best to push aside my Christmas spirit and keep it hidden for another couple weeks. But I'll still watch out, I won't cry, and I won't pout. Because I know that, soon enough, Santa Claus IS coming to town.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Yay for the audio on this post!!! I LOVE Bruuuuuuuuce!!!!!

~she~ said...

AND I heard him on the radio on the way home from the school this morning!