Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Heated Debate

The biggest ongoing fight Hubby and I are involved in is the Saga of the Electric Blanket. This self-heating square of fuzzy, blue fleece is putting a strain on our marriage. First, you have to know a little bit about the make up of the two of us. I am always hot. I overheat easily and refuse to wear a coat until the temperature is below freezing. Hubby, on the other hand, is always freezing. He wears gloves from September to May and dons pitiful looking long johns under his Sunday suits. So when it comes time to say goodnight, I in my flannel pajamas and he in only his undies don't exactly get along. He cranks the blanket up to "H" every night and leaves it on. In retaliation, I flip over all my blankets on his side, giving him double the warmth. That just makes him happier. In time, we may resort to the I Love Lucy style of matching twin beds. But then where would I put my cold feet at night, the only part of my body that does occasionally resemble ice cubes?

No comments: