Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Mama, I Tink."

I think it's time. But I'm beating around the bush because I'm just not ready to do it. But it has to be done sooner or later. Eventually I'm going to have to potty train my daughter. She just turned 2 in September so it's not like she's ready to enroll in Kindergarten or anything. But here's how I know it's time...

When she is due for a diaper change, she will bring me a diaper, the box of wipes, and if she's poopy she also brings the diaper rash cream. And if that's not enough to convince you, she recently climbed upon her diaper changing table, layed down, and took off her diaper. When I went into her room, there she was with her legs straight up in the air, waiting for me to change her. "I tink," she said. If that's still not enough to prove that she's ready to be potty trained, I will tell you about what happened last night. She took off all her clothes and threw her diaper in the trash. Then she pooped on the floor. She attempted to put on a new diaper by herself. When she realized she wasn't able, she threw the new diaper in a box of too-small clothes and put her pants back on. Only she had both legs in the same leg hole. It was quite a sight to behold. I was only able to put these events together when I discovered A) the wet diaper in the trash, B) a wad of poop on the floor, and C) a dry diaper, smeared with poop.

So yes, it's time. Little tiny pairs of Dora panties await us.

No comments: