Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just Me - Rantin' & Ravin'

Wow, this is so crazy I just had to share it. I just received a phone call from a lab where Hubby recently had blood work. The first thing that irritated me about the phone call was the automated opening line: "Please hold for an important business call." Maybe it's just me but that totally irks me. If your company can't identify itself in the introduction or trust its callers to actually dial the phone themselves, then I don't feel required to take the call. I almost hung up but curiosity got the best of me.

The purpose of the call was to tell me that they just sent out a statement, which I haven't received yet, and to ask why I haven't paid it. Are you serious? I mean, come on! You're telling me you just sent out the statement and you're calling for payment already? I politely informed her that the bill will be paid when the statement is received and not before. She's just really lucky I wasn't PMS-ing because I would not be held responsible for the way I would have received the phone call. Either someone has too much time on their hands or the company has way too many employees with not enough work. I don't think it's good business practice to pay someone to call patients for payment before they ever receive a bill. Am I just touchy today???

No comments: