Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, April 8, 2011

Stinky Mistake

Boy, did I goof! At a recent trip to Wal-Mart, I snagged three boxes of Puffs tissues from the nearly empty shelf. I hate being out of tissues and I like to keep these small square boxes in various places around the house and car. Normally, I pick out the cute, stylish boxes that have colors to match my decor. But all they had on the shelf were these aqua blue-green boxes. I reasoned that it's more about the function and less about the appearance, right?

When I got home, I popped the top to reveal a crisp, white tissue, ready to fulfill its purpose of boogie removal. I put it up to my nose and the worst smell followed! It smelled like a nursing home or old man's bedroom. Upon further investigation, I saw this new logo in the bottom corner of the box:


My Puffs contained the scent of Vick's Vapo-Rub! Shoo-wee, I hate that stuff! Why in the world would I want to smell it every time I blow my nose? And forget using a tissue to wipe your eyes...I'm afraid they would burn for the next hour! I have a house full of children and no tissues for them to use. There's no way they're going to be happy with "stinky kleenex!" (Yes, we typically call all tissues "kleenex" like we call all soda "Coke.")

Whenever Hubby has a cold, he will rub that smelly, disgusting, green stuff on his chest. I refuse to sleep next to him because I won't sleep with an old man who belongs in a nursing home! I hate that stuff!

So, beware the next time you are on the market for tissues. Avoid these like the plague...unless you like the smell of 90-year-olds.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ha! I was worried you were going to say there was something else in there that didn't belong. :)

GrammyK said...

Well, Vicks Vaporub reminds me of being a child since I had pneumonia and bronchitis frequently. So whenever I smell it I think of being a kid and being warmly tended to. :-) Just a sort of opposing view! Ha Ha!!

Mimsie said...

Confession: I LOVE them and specifically shop for them. I'll buy yours off you! ;)