Text

~my thoughts about life~



Friday, April 1, 2011

I Cannot Tell a Lie

I admit-
I was starting out this post as an April Fool's joke.  I was going to tell you I was expecting again.  I was even going to find a random ultrasound picture online and steal it.  When you already have four kids, people will always believe you're pregnant again!

But I couldn't do it.  I actually hate the April Fool's Day tradition.  I'm very gullible and believe anything anyone tells me.  I've fallen for some pretty lame April Fool's jokes in my lifetime.

My favorite aunt, who is more like a sister to me, got me really good one year.  She was 8 months pregnant at the beginning of April.  She called me very early in the morning and told me she was in labor.  She faked moans and groans and asked me to quickly come over to her house.  She needed me to watch the older boys so she could get to the hospital.  Stupid me threw open the front door and began sprinting across the yard (we were neighbors).  When I reached her porch, she was standing in the doorway laughing hysterically.  "April Fools!" she said.  I still have not completely forgiven her.

Today is my father's 60th birthday.  It would have also been his father's birthday.  So I much prefer to celebrate my dad's special day than all that foolish nonsense.  But can you imagine my poor grandmother when she told people she was really, truly in labor on April 1?

So I won't fool you today.  I'll just thank you for being good, loyal readers.  I appreciate each and every one of you!  But I'm hoping you'll share with me the best April Fool's prank you've ever pulled.  Or the best prank that fooled you!

No comments: