Text

~my thoughts about life~



Saturday, October 8, 2011

Good Morning, Saturday

It's Saturday morning.  I stepped outside in pajamas and bare feet to capture how beautiful the morning is.  If I could choose any day's weather to be our regular climate, this would be it. 

I'm partly happy this busy week is over but saddened at the same time.  I have really enjoyed the time I've spent with Hubby and I feel very accomplished for all the things we got done.  I will post about them on Monday.


For now, I'll show you how my kitchen has looked for the past day:

This is how my dining room has looked:

Thankfully, it's because my living room looks like this:

Hubby has a carpet/tile cleaning business and this is the first time my carpet has ever been cleaned.  I know, it's like the shoemaker's children who are never shod.  This is the only room of carpet I have in the entire house.  Everything else is wood floors.

So, things are a little hectic around here right now and I feel guilty for blogging instead of cleaning up.  Seeing all this STUFF has made me realize how much stuff I actually have.  I'm taking a minimalist approach starting now.  Most of this junk will go down into the basement (which will irritate Hubby because he won't want it more cluttered), which will make my main living areas look so much nicer.  The thoughts of living rooms with only furniture in them makes me smile.

Enjoy your Saturday.  I hope it's as beautiful wherever you are as it is here!

1 comment:

The Lovely One said...

I've been on a cleaning/organizing/purging kick right now, too! It's making me feel much better about the way my home looks, and for once I'm not in a panic about who might drop by unannounced!