Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Little Wishes

I wish for a day to stay in my pajamas all day, without being sick.  (Rain optional.)

I wish for all the socks to come out matched.

I wish for the ability to sleep in on Saturday.  (My internal clock has been waking me up at 6:45, no matter what the day.  Grrr...)

I wish for a good new book to read.

I wish Fall could last six months.

I wish I could experience the carefree life of a child one more time.

I wish I had a Diet Coke fountain machine in my house.

I wish there was an extra day in the weekend, between Saturday and Sunday.  We could call it Sunturday.

I wish Cheetos tasted like broccoli and broccoli tasted like Cheetos.

I wish the Marilyn Monroe type of body was still in style and supermodels were considered undernourished.

I wish there was a magic pill you could take (or give to your kids) that would instantly end a head cold.  (My kids are hacking right now.)

I wish I always knew how to make the right decisions instead of worrying about the inevitable.


Have you noticed how my wishes started out kind of small and grew greater throughout this post?  Hmmm...what's that about?

What are you wishing for today?

4 comments:

one crazy girl said...

I wish I had more will power when it comes to Zingers.

imagesisee.blogspot.com said...

I wish I could move to Hawaii or else get over wishing I could move to Hawaii.

I wish I could start all over again and 17 and do it right...

Amanda :: Grace & Gusto said...

I'm wishing so many of the same things, but right now I really wish I could have confidence in my decisions and get on with enjoying life.

I don't know what kind of books you like, but I recently read Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom and loved it. It's sad but uplifting, depressing but inspirational. It's actually not my usual type of book, but it knocked me off my feet and changed my outlook.

Carrie K said...

I wish I could wake up 20 lbs lighter in the morning..... Is that too much to ask for?