Text

~my thoughts about life~



Sunday, February 6, 2011

All Aboard the Choo Choo Train!

Choo Choo Soul is Baby Girl's absolute favorite television show!  I wish it lasted longer than 5 minutes.  I would love to have 6 episodes back to back so she could experience sheer bliss for a full half hour.

Chuggington is Baby Girl's second favorite show.  Not quite as entertaining as Choo Choo Soul (which my husband would argue is due to the lack of Genevieve) but nonetheless a good show.  She has one train track and eight little Chuggington trains that she plays with constantly.  Gone are the days of the boring Thomas videos with the monotone narrator.  Clickety-clack, Chuggington is much better!

Today, I booked an actual railway vacation for my family!  I've never been on a real train before, just the scenic railroads that go 10 mph through the country in autumn.  I am so excited that we will be travelling on the Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco!  I've never been that far west...I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself!  I will have to try because we are not departing until the end of summer. 

Today is just a traintastic day!

2 comments:

k said...

The Zephyr! Cool! Husband and I thought about doing that trip once while we were dating, but never did. I took the Amtrak a lot between college town and hometown and always liked it. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Mimsie said...

What a great family trip. And don't you find that the anticipation is half the fun?