Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup

What is it about a snow day that just makes me want to eat and cook?  For breakfast yesterday, I made Palacsinta.  For lunch I made Broccoli Cheese Soup and for dinner I made what we call Salty Chicken.  I was going to make homemade cinnamon rolls also, which I was really looking forward to.  But when I crumbled my yeast cake into the warm water, there were several dark spots in it.  It looked like it could be mold to me.  I did a little googling, which said good cake yeast is smooth with no dark spots.  So I threw the yeast out....better safe than sorry.  So we have no delicious, heavenly-smelling cinnamon rolls in our house.  Bummer. 

Here is my super easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe.  People think I slave all day over this fabulous soup...please don't tell them how easy it actually is!

Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
1 C milk
1-2 handfuls skinny noodles, optional

Steam broccoli according to package directions.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer until cheese melts and noodles and broccoli are tender.  Take care not to scorch the soup.  Add salt to taste. 

*Tip:  If you prefer a smoother consistency soup, you can puree the soup (minus the noodles) in a food processor or Bullet blender.  I actually prefer the large pieces of broccoli.

*Tip:  If you use noodles, you may want to add more milk.  Soup will be awesomely thick if you don't.  So, it's your call!

No comments: