Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday's + & -
- My house took a hit over the weekend and is now almost unlivable. What is it about weekends that destroy my house?
+ Friday was my Grandma's 81st birthday. Her dementia/Alzheimer's gets worse each time I see her. She didn't know it was her birthday, but we actually had some very nice moments together. My brother and I bought her a digital picture frame that I filled up with over 300 pictures of family. She didn't recognize most of the people in the photos but I really enjoyed sitting with her and telling her who everyone was. For a brief moment, it felt like having my old grandma back. She's still a precious woman, even if she isn't quite sure who I am any more. And I got to spend one more birthday with Grandma, the woman I named my daughter after.
- I have to go out in the snow and buy groceries with a 2-year-old. Enough said.
+ For lunch, I get to choose between leftover Sausage Gravy & Biscuits and Tortilla Soup. Each made from scratch over the weekend, I really outdid myself. I may have to snap some photos and share the recipes. You know me!
- Because of all the snow, I had to cancel a lunch date with a friend. But hopefully we can reschedule.
+ The man who robbed my mother's bank (she's a business banker) was arrested today. He only got away with $450 which totally cracks me up! You should have seen how clear the security photo of him was...it blew my mind!
- Tonight, instead of spending time with my family, I will be babysitting an unknown number of children. It's actually not that bad, it was my idea anyway. I decided to get my church group of teenage girls together and offer free babysitting so parents could enjoy a night away. I thought some of the parents were going to kiss me out of sheer gratitude.
+ What goes around comes around. My aunt has offered to keep all four of my kids Saturday night so Hubby and I can enjoy a hot date! See, that's what you get for paying it forward!
- Spring is still really far away.
+ Speaking of paying it forward, I got to watch Hubby in another random act of kindness Saturday. He noticed a woman attempting to scrape the ice off her car with a smashed water bottle. He quickly jumped out of the car and scraped all the windows for her. That's why I married him. Well...that and how cute he is. :)
I wish you more pluses than minuses in your day today!