Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Was Really Proud

As a mother of four kids, there have been a lot of times when I've been proud.  The first time they said "Mama" or when they took their first step.  When they've been in Spelling Bees, school plays, and band concerts, when they've sang in church, and when they've brought home letters saying that they have been accepted into the gifted program.  They make me proud every day when they help take care of their baby sister, when they set the table without being asked, and when they reach out to a new kid who has yet to make any friends.

But all that began the day that each of them were born.  Hearing "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl" just thrilled my heart each time!  I was enamoured with them from the moment I first saw each one of their squishy little faces.


To pick one moment that made me proud is too difficult.  Instead, I have to pick all of them.

3 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

So sweet! That first moment is the best.

Lena! said...

Swoon! Love this post.

Courtney said...

Love this. Teary.