Text

~my thoughts about life~



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Puppy Chow

Puppy Chow
1 C chocolate chips
¾ C peanut butter
¼ C butter
8 C Crispix cereal

1½ C+ powdered sugar

Melt chips, peanut butter, and butter.  Place cereal in a large bowl; pour mixture over cereal.  Pour coated cereal into a Ziplock freezer bag.  Add sugar; shake until each piece of cereal is coated well with sugar. 

Don't worry about storing it because it won't make it that long.  (I just keep mine in the same Ziplock bag I used to make it.)

*Note:  Some people make this recipe with Chex cereal.  I don't think it's nearly as good with Chex.  It's a more dense cereal and doesn't absorb the melted chocolate like Crispix does.  Also, make sure you use as much powdered sugar as necessary to completely cover the cereal.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Yum! I love me some puppy chow! : )

Cupcake Mama said...

I am loving your new blog design!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious to snack on

Mimsie said...

Sounds delish. I wonder how it would work with Life cereal--I like to use that in a snack mix.

Anonymous said...

my brother's friend's mom used to make this...it was sooo good!