Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, January 12, 2012

Still Saving

In case you were wondering, I am still on this crazy, roller coaster, coupon ride.  I still check the coupon sites several times a day, I still spread the newspaper inserts all over my living room floor, I still have scissors strategically placed throughout the house for quick clips, and I still run my poor printer to death with internet coupons.  There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting something more than half off or even free. 

This week at the grocery store, I scored four Colgate toothbrushes for free.  Someone had cleaned out the shelf before me but I happened to find four in the wrong place.  Luckily, I remembered to score a rain check so I can use the rest of my coupons to get free toothbrushes next week!  I got shampoo for $1 and deodorant for $.50.  Kraft shredded cheese came to $1 a bag.  My bill before coupons came to $147 and $84 after coupons.  Not too shabby!  It's really nice to leave the store with money still left in my wallet.

This morning, I went to Target with a friend.  I scored a Smurfs playset for $4 after a 70% off sale.  I got a Giada saute pan for half off that I will give as a bridal shower gift this weekend.  Feels good!  What doesn't feel good is that I forgot to give the cashier the one coupon I planned on using.  I'm going to blame that one on Baby Girl who was arguing with my friend's kid in the giant Target shopping cart.

I honestly didn't think I was going to make it this long.  At first, I was overwhelmed by the amount of time it took.  After a two week break with no Sunday coupons during Christmas, I kind of got refreshed.  I was anxious and excited to get back to it.  My poor binder looked sickly after removing all the coupons that expired 12/31.  Now, it's healthy and fat again (like me) and is saving me lots of money!

I may not be working my way toward the TLC show, Extreme Couponing, but I'm saving my family money and getting stocked up on the things we use the most.  It's definitely a "hobby" I plan on sticking with.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh it sounds like you are saving a ton!! I wish there were coupons like that in Canada:)